No Bake S'mores Pie

I started looking for a new pie recipe after I signed up to bring a pie to our church picnic.  I knew I wanted some type of no-bake pie.  It's still really hot and I'm still avoiding the oven.  Finally, I found this recipe from CheekyKitchen.com.  I'd never heard of a s'mores pie, but the picture looked delicious.  I figured since we love s'mores, we'd love this pie, too, right?  Will this pie leave us wanting s'more?
Ingredients
4 (1.55 oz) milk chocolate bars (I used Hershey)
8 ounces of Cool Whip
13 ounces of marshmallow creme
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/4 tsp. of french vanilla flavoring
1/8 tsp. of coconut flavoring
1 prepared graham cracker crust
2 tbsp. of crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
Directions
To prepare this recipe, you will need two large bowls. In the first bowl, microwave 3 of the chocolate bars for 20 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. If the chocolate is still not melted, return to microwave for an additional 20 seconds, then remove and stir. Repeat this process until chocolate is fully melted. Remove bowl from microwave. To the melted chocolate, add approximately half the tub of Cool Whip, half the jar of marshmallow creme, and 4 oz. of the cream cheese Add the remaining Cool Whip, marshmallow creme, and cream cheese, as well as the french vanilla and coconut flavorings to the second bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat together the marshmallow-flavored mixture until light and fluffy. Transfer the electric mixer to the other bowl and beat together the chocolate mixture until light and fluffy. Using a spatula, transfer the white, marshmallow mixture into a large zip-top bag. Snip off one corner of the zip-top bag. Using approximately half of the marshmallow mixture, pipe several large dollops around the bottom of the crust through the cut corner of the baggie. Carefully spoon and smooth the chocolate mixture into the pie crust, on top of the marshmallow dollops. Pipe the remaining marshmallow mixture around the top of the pie crust and chocolate mixture. Garnish by sprinkling graham crackers, mini chocolate chips, and small squares of the remaining chocolate bar around the top of the pie. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice & enjoy! 

When I pulled out these ingredients, I had very eager assistants gather around me.  I had volunteers to lick spoons, lick beaters and lick the bowls.
Here are the two bowls: one chocolatey and one marshmallowy.
I piped half the marshmallow mixture on the bottom and spread all the chocolate mixture on top.  I piped the rest of the marshmallow mixture around the outside of the pie.  I garnished it with the crushed graham crackers and the rest of my chocolate bars.  I completely forgot about the mini chocolate chips.  I put some extra chocolate pieces around the edges to make up for it.

The Results...
Ta-Da!  Does this look yummy or what!  It didn't last long at the church picnic.  It was the first pie to go.  I guess that's a good sign.  My husband hurried and grabbed two pieces for us to try.  We shared them with the kids.  This pie has the s'mores flavors you'd expect.  If you like s'mores, you'll like this pie, too.  You will need a tall glass of cold milk to go with this rich, sweet pie.  Do we want s'more?  Absolutely!

“I’m partying at the Pi Day Pie Party at Crazy for Crust today. Come party with us!”

Comments

  1. I am going to try this out for sure for our next party. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! It must have gone fast...I didn't even SEE this pie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment