Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Here's another "throw it all in the crock pot and forget about it" recipe.  Fall is always a busy time of year with the kids back in school and all the other activities that follow.  The more easy and delicious recipes I can find, the better! 

Ingredients 
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 cup water or beef broth (beef broth adds more flavor--low sodium is best)
about a 4 lbs beef roast (I used a bottom eye of round roast)
Directions
Mix the soups and water OR beef broth together in the slow cooker and put the roast on top. Spoon some of the soup mixture on top of the roast to coat it.  
Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

Adapted from allrecipes.com

Here's what I used.  I used beef broth instead of water and I used a 4 lb bottom eye of round roast.
I mixed the soups and beef broth together in the slow cooker and put the roast on top.  I spooned some of the sauce on top and let it cook on low for about 5 hours.  I needed it to cook a little faster.  So, I turned it up to high for about another 2 hours.

The Results...
Was Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast truly awesome?  My family thought it was!  Everyone enjoyed this roast and we decided we would give it 4.5 stars.  It was very easy to prepare and my husband even pitched in and made the potatoes!  The only thing I would do differently is cook this on low for a longer period of time.  I rushed the cooking time a little and we thought the meat could have been a little more tender.  Other than that, it was awesome and the gravy was delicious on the mashed potatoes.

Comments