Broccoli Salad


I first found and shared this recipe for Broccoli Salad almost 2 1/2 years ago.  I can't believe it's been that long!

I'm reposting this recipe because it is still a family favorite.  We have made this many times over the last 2 1/2 years.  It's a great dish to bring to parties, potlucks, picnics and barbecues.  I've also made this at Christmastime because of the pretty, bright red and green colors in this salad.   I updated the photo and added a printable recipe.  Enjoy!

Recipe Link 
Ingredients
1 head broccoli
1 pint grape tomatoes
6 to 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup finely chopped red or white onion
1/2 cup golden raisins
4 or 5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (our favorite is Hickory Farms smoked cheddar)
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Trim off the large leaves from the broccoli stem. Remove the tough stalk at the end and wash broccoli head thoroughly. Cut the head into flowerets. Place in a large bowl. Wash tomatoes and add to bowl. Add the crumbled bacon, onion, raisins and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to make the dressing, stirring well. Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently.

Adapted from Paula Deen's recipe on foodnetwork.com


Results...
Everyone in our family likes this salad.  Even my 6 yr. old (who says she, "hates broccoli") likes this salad.  I found a way to get her to eat broccoli!  This is one of our family's favorite ways to eat broccoli!


I share recipes at these link parties.

Comments

  1. I wonder if this salad would work on my little one too?? I'm going to have to try it since it's gotten the 'kid-approval'! :) Thanks so much for linking this up to Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your little one likes this, too! My kids prefer golden raisins and I chopped the onions really fine! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment