Mini Candy Apples

Here's a fun, somewhat healthy way to use up some of that extra Halloween candy that might still be hanging around the house.

Ingredients 
4 inch lollipop sticks
melon baller
apples (1 apples makes about 8 mini apples)
peanut butter, butterscotch or chocolate chips
crushed candy bars, NERDS, sprinkles
small paper candy cups
Directions 
1.  Cut the lollipop sticks in half at an angle (the pointy end will go into the apple pieces easier). With the melon baller, scoop little balls out of the apple. Each ball should have a section of apple peel. Push half of a lollipop stick into the peel of each ball. Pat the apple pieces dry.
2.  Melt the chips according to the package directions. Dip and swirl the mini apples in the melted chips, then roll the apples in crushed candy bars, NERDS, sprinkles. Place the mini apples in paper candy cups to set. 

Adapted from FamilyFun 

  Here's what we used
 After you scoop out your little apple balls, make sure to pat them dry.  Otherwise it is difficult for the melted chips to stick to the apple.

The Results...
This was fun to do with my little girls.  They were happy to help make and eat these little apples.  This would be a fun activity for the holidays or anytime there's a party!  My 7 yr. old said these are "nutritious and delicious!" :)

This recipe is featured at
Semi Homemade Mom

This recipe is also shared at:
The Weekend Potluck @ Sunflower Supper Club
Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday
Foodie Friends Friday
Strut Your Stuff Saturdays @ Six Sisters Stuff
Mom's Test Meal Mondays @ Mom's Test Kitchen
Cast Party Wednesday @ Lady Behind the Curtain
September Link Party @ A Crafty Cook
Wednesdays Adorned from Above Link Party

Comments

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing on FFF. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I like how you added crushed candy bits to the mix. Found you via Show and Share Wednesday, now following :)

    Jessica
    http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica,
      I'm so glad you stopped over and thank you so much for following! I'm going to go check out your blog, too. :)

      Delete
  3. So fun. These would be great for kids or people like me who have really small mouths. I love caramel apples but they are so hard to eat. I'd love it if you shared these over at my link party. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/09/1-month-of-fun-september-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin,

      Thank you for the invite. I'd love to share these over at your link party. I'm going over now...

      Delete
  4. What are the odds that the two posts I chose to check out from Show and Share's linky party are both yours? My boys and I also made these this summer, and they absolutely loved them: http://thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com/2012/06/bucket-list-activity-6-mini-caramel.html.
    Great minds think alike, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest recipe. I love these. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi,

      I just went over and added this recipe to your linky party. Thank you for the invite! I'm also a new follower!

      Delete
  6. Mamamia,
    Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment