Saucy Chicken Thighs

Summer is a great time to pull out your crock pot.  It doesn't heat up the whole house and you can fix dinner and go play.  Saucy Chicken Thighs is a crock pot recipe that looks easy to put together.  While it's cooking the kids and I are going to go play at the library...and I'm not going to worry about what's for dinner.   

ngredients 
Boneless, Skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
Freshly ground salt
Freshly ground pepper
1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
1/2 cup honey*
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Soy sauce
1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to your taste)
Directions
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan or baking sheet. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a 6 qt. slow cooker.
In a separate bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Soy sauce and pepper sauce. Pour over chicken; stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until meat is tender.  Serve with your favorite side dishes.

*Spray the measuring cup with PAM (cooking spray) before measuring the honey.  The honey will slide right out.

Adapted from Taste of Home 
The Results...
An easy and tasty dinner.  The chicken turned out tender with a honey, BBQ flavored sauce that we all enjoyed.  I wouldn't cook this for much longer than 4 hrs.  I cooked the chicken for 4 1/2 hours in my 6 qt. crock pot and it was almost too long .  I put this recipe together while the kids were finishing their lunch and it was ready for us at dinnertime.  Saucy Chicken Thighs gets 4 stars and a place on our Family Favorites List!

This recipe is featured at Mom's Test Meal Mondays @ Mom's Test Kitchen and Totally Tasty Tuesdays @ Mandy's Recipe Box.

Mandy‘s Recipe Box

Also shared at:

And I share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. Hello! Stopping by from Mom’s Test Meals link up – I love your chicken recipe, it looks delicious! I hope you’ll visit me at jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you stopped by. I'm going over now to visit your site. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These chicken thighs look delicious, love all the extra sauce that soaks into the rice, yum!

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a recipe I know my family would love! Pinning & definitely going to be trying this one very soon!!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you beat me to the punch!! I'm so excited to feature your recipe this week!!

      Delete
  5. This looks delicious. thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I love your hint about using Pam before measuring honey... I am going to do that the next time a recipe calls for honey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment