Cherry Cream Cheese

We eat a lot of fresh fruit in the summer.  Some of our favorite summer fruits are watermelon, peaches, blueberries, raspberries and CHERRIES.  These fruits are sweeter and tastier while they are in season AND they are less expensive!  I found these beautiful dark cherries for only 1.79/lb at my local grocery store.  They were delicious!  We ate most of these cherries right out of the bowl, but I still had enough to make Cherry Cream Cheese. 
I don't have a cherry pitter.  So, I sliced them in half and removed the pits and chopped what was needed for this recipe.
Ingredients 
8 ounce package cream cheese, regular or reduced fat (Neufchâtel)
1/2 cup chopped pitted fresh cherries
4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar (more or less according to taste)
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg
Directions
Combine cream cheese, cherries, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl.  A handmixer works well. Store covered in the refrigerator.

Adapted from Delish 

The Results... 
Did everyone like their bagels topped with Cherry Cream Cheese?  We did like this tangy cream cheese mixed with fresh chopped cherries, slightly sweetened with just a hint of spice on our bagels.  As a family, we rated this recipe 3 stars (out of 5).  My husband thought it could be sweeter.  Some of the kids didn't like the texture of the chopped cherries in the cream cheese.  Overall, everyone thought it was good, though.  Definitely worth a try.  I'm still adding this recipe to our Family Favorites List because my little 4 yr. old said it's worth "a millions stars!"  She and I especially liked this recipe. 

I share recipes at these linky parties.
      
 

Comments

  1. Definitely a keeper! And with cherries in season....all the better! Thank you for linking to Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I love flavored cream cheese and cannot believe I have never put cherries in it. Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Potluck. Have a terrific weekend!
    ~Kim
    http://sunflowersupperclub.blogspot.com/2012/07/welcome-back-the-weekend-potluck-where.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I made a strawberry one, now I can't wait to try your cherry one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good! I would never think to add fresh fruit to cream cheese. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back next week with another GREAT recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherry cream cheese sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look wonderful. I love anything with fresh cherries! Thanks for linking up on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so tasty. Wish I had some cherries I'd make it right now! Great idea. Thanks much for linking up at Weekend Potluck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment