Easy Peach Cobbler

Soft, sweet, juicy peaches are one of the wonderful things about summertime.  When I saw the pile of fresh peaches at the market, I couldn't help myself.  I bought A LOT.  After eating plenty of peaches, I thought I should search for a recipe for the rest of them.  But, what did I want to make....peach ice cream?....peach pie?....peach jam?  I found a lot of peach recipes.  I finally decided to try to make a good ol' peach cobbler!  

ngredients 
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk 
4 cups fresh peach slices (approx. 5-7 peaches)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Ground *cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
Directions 
1. Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. (I put a stick of butter in the baking dish and let it melt in the oven while it's preheating. Keep an eye on the butter, take dish out when it's melted.)

2. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).

3. Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.

4. Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.

*We used Ceylon Cinnamon and liked it in this dish. 

Source myrecipes.com 


The Results...
I was a little worried about this recipe because except for the flour mixture, there's no stirring.  And it was really running when I put it in the oven.  But, I followed it as written and hoped for the best. 

This was delicious and everyone loved it!  We definitely were not disappointed.  My husband and son don't usually care for peach cobbler, but both said they loved this recipe and gave it 4 1/2 to 5 stars.  I rarely hear "5 stars"!  I was happy they enjoyed this peach cobbler that much!  This will now be my "go to" peach cobbler recipe.  It has earned a spot on our Family Favorites list!

I share recipes at these linky parties.


Comments

  1. Awesome cobbler! Peach is my absolutely favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE peach cobbler!! This looks wonderful! I'd love to have you share this recipe at Mom's Test Meal Monday's!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good. It puts me in mind of a country setting, or a country kitchen. And I can almost smell it through cyber space....Thank you for sharing this at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love peaches. Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday. http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment