Pudding Milkshake (No Ice Cream)

Sorry, this isn't the best picture.  It was getting dark.
We all need a little motivation sometimes.  I asked the kids to pick up the house yesterday evening.  They gave me that "do we have to?" look.  When I offered to make milkshakes, they jumped up immediately and started cleaning.  They hurried and put everything away.  A little bribe motivation works well.  The house was looking great!

I went to the freezer to start whipping up milkshakes.  But, there was a problem....no ice cream!

Luckily, I remembered a recipe for a no-ice cream milkshake that I recently found online.  We were still going to have milkshakes, Pudding Milkshakes.

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
1 cup milk
1 cup frozen strawberries
2 1/2 cups Cool-Whip (or one small 8 oz. tub)
2-4 Tablespoons instant pudding*--I used Jell-O Strawberry Creme
1/2 to 1 cup ice
Directions
Put all ingredients in the blender. Blend until smooth.
Makes 2-3 glasses

*The more pudding mix you use the thicker it will be. Be creative and use different pudding flavors.

**You could make a lighter version with skim milk, Lite Cool-Whip and sugar-free pudding mix.

Inspiration netcooks.com

The Results...
Cool, creamy and delicious!  This is a fun recipe that you can be creative with and change the flavors to whatever you like.

The kids really liked their sweet reward.  They gave their Pudding Milkshakes 4-5 stars.  They didn't miss the ice cream at all!  I wonder what else the kids would do for a Pudding Milkshake?  :)   

This recipe is featured at Lady Behind the Curtain.
Featured on Cast Party Wednesday

I also share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. This milkshake looks delicious and healthy! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuum! This looks so good and healthy at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I would love this. We've enjoyed sooo many smoothies this summer. Since hubby is a diabetic, I always have lots of S-F pudding on hand....we'll be enjoying this soon. Thanks so much for linking up at Weekend Potluck. Please come again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't tried a sugar-free version, yet. I hope it turns out yummy!

      Delete
  4. Wow! How clever! I'm pregnant and dairy doesn't always like me, so I'll definitely have to give this recipe a try. :)

    I'm a new follower from the Mix It Up party. I hope to see you pop by sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! I hope your dairy-free version turns out yummy, too. I will definitely pop by. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your recipe was chosen to be on Today's Feature Post from Cast Party Wednesday #56!
    Thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
    ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/todays-feature-post-cast-party-56-6/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!
    Thanks for sharing on Southern Sundays.
    Come back soon!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made this with the sugar free pudding, skim milk and fat free coolwhip and it is amazing! I used cheesecake flavored pudding with the strawberries. Awesome combination.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it turned out great! I haven't tried the sugar-free/low-fat version yet. Cheesecake pudding and strawberries does sound delicious. Thank you for stopping by. Please come again!

      Delete
  8. Can you do this without the frozen strawberries and whipped cream?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this and threw in some brownies that were a bit stale. Delish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment