Roasted Broccoli & Parmesan

Steamed, raw dipped in ranch dressing or broccoli salad is how we usually eat broccoli.  This time we're going to try something different, Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan.  Will everyone like roasted broccoli?

Recipe Link
 Ingredients 
1 head broccoli
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.

Peel the outer layer of the broccoli stalks. Cut the broccoli lengthwise keeping the stalk and broccoli florets intact. (The long broccoli spears should resemble trees.) Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to coat and roast until nicely caramelized, about 15 minutes. Turn broccoli over and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan. Cook until the Parmesan melts, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and serve immediately.


The Results...
Not bad.  This is an easy side dish to prepare for any meal. The broccoli turned out cooked, but still pretty firm (too firm for the baby to eat).  It wasn't as soft as steamed broccoli.  I still prefer steamed broccoli as long as it's not overcooked and mushy.  The kids dipped their roasted broccoli into Ranch dressing---they can't eat broccoli without it.  This was worth a try and I'd make this again.  But, I think I'll wait a month or two when it's cooler outside and I don't mind turning on the oven.

This recipe is shared at:
Foodie Friends Friday
Weekend Potluck @ Sunflower Supper Club 

Comments

  1. I love roasted vegetables! I've found with broccoli that I have to cook it quite awhile to make it as soft as I like it. I've never tried with with parmesan, I'll have to do that! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will roast the broccoli longer next time. Thanks for the tip. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. This looks good...and I think I would like them slightly firm. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friend Friday.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment