No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Just in time for Back to School!  These granola bars could be tossed in a lunch box, eaten as an after school snack or a quick breakfast with a glass milk on those rushed mornings.  This recipe looks easy and I don't even have to turn on the oven.  The kids might be back to school, but it's still hot outside.

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
2 cups quick cooking oats--not rolled oats!
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1/4 cup honey*
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Cooking spray
Directions
1. In a large bowl, stir oats and rice cereal together. Set aside.
2. In a small pot, melt butter, honey and brown sugar together over medium high heat until it comes to a bubble. Reduce the heat and cook 2 minutes. Pour in vanilla and stir.
3. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well to moisten all ingredients. Pour into lightly greased (cooking spray works well) 8x8 pan and press out evenly, packing mixture together.
4. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Press chips down lightly with a rubber spatula. Cool on the counter top to room temperature for two hours or until the chocolate chips are set before cutting into bars. Wrap in parchment or plastic wrap and store at room temperature. 

*Spray measuring cup with cooking spray before adding honey. The honey will slide right out!

Update: We still love these granola bars. So much that I now double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan to have enough bars for our family of six.

Adapted from Lauren's Latest 

OK, you can see that the chocolate chips aren't completely set, yet. We couldn't wait!
The Results... 
Super easy to make and delicious!  I already had most of these ingredients on hand.  The first pan went so quickly, I had to make a second!  Everyone liked these, even my husband who isn't usually a granola bar fan.  This recipe is a keeper.  I know I'll be making these again and again!

I share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us at Foodie Friends Friday, be sure to link up with us and come back on Sunday to vote.
    These look really good and easy.
    Dawn a host for FFF and fellow blogger
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Especially because they're "no bake"! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I'm going to go buy honey today so we can make these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like these as much as we did! Enjoy and have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. What a great recipe! I'm not sure about the cereal, but I have everything. Making today! They look delicious and no baking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't no-bake recipes awesome and this one is yummy! Luckily, my family will happily help me eat these. Otherwise, I'd be tempted to eat the whole pan. :) Enjoy and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Yum! These look GREAT! Gonna give them a try this week. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lindsay,

    Thanks for the invite. I'm heading over to the party now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These do look quick and easy. I'd love to make these for lunches but know they'd end up getting scoffed straight away! No will power!

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from the Wonderful Food Wednesday Blog Hop! These look so delicious and easy to make, will definitely be giving these a go for myself.
    Vikki x
    http://www.littlelovesblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vikki,
      Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for linking up with us again this week at Foodie Friends Friday. I love this recipe it is so simple.
    Dawn a host and fellow blogger
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that these use quick cooking oats as I hardly ever have the rolled oats in my pantry. Thanks so much for linking up to Show & Share Wednesday, can't wait to see what you link up this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly,

      Thank you for hosting a great party. I've already linked up another recipe for this week! :)

      Delete
  11. would like to make in a 13x9 pan, so you doubled everything in the recipe? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Judy,
      Yes. I double the recipe and use a 13x9 pan. These go quick at our house!

      Delete

Post a Comment