Ranch Chicken Tacos

Tacos are one of our family's favorite dishes.  The kids request them frequently.  Usually, we have seasoned ground beef tacos in crispy shells.  Instead of our usual tacos, I served Ranch Chicken Tacos for dinner tonight.

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
3 frozen chicken breasts*
1 packet McCormick taco Seasoning, divided
1/2 cup Light Ranch dressing (we like Hidden Valley)
1/4 cup Light sour cream
1 Tablespoon favorite salsa
8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
Shredded lettuce
1 Chopped tomato
4 green onion, sliced
1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1 (4 ounce) can sliced olives (optional)
1 avocado--peeled, pitted and diced (optional)
Directions
1. Place frozen chicken breasts in slow cooker.  Reserve 1 teaspoon taco seasoning. Sprinkle the rest of the taco seasoning on top of the frozen chicken in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for about 4 hrs.
2. Combine Ranch, sour cream, remaining 1 tsp. Taco seasoning and salsa together in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
3. When chicken is done and tender, shred in slow cooker with two forks.
4. Warm tortillas in skillet about one minute each side to make them pliable.
5. Place a scoop of chicken on the tortilla and top with lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, avocado, cheese and a spoonful of the Ranch dressing mixture.

*If you don't have time to wait for the chicken to cook in the slow cooker, use a rotisserie chicken. Shred the chicken and toss it with the taco seasoning in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or wax paper. Microwave until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.

Adapted from Allrecipes


The frozen chicken breasts I use are enhanced with chicken broth.  As they cook they release liquid.  So, I didn't add any liquid to the slow cooker.  The chicken was ready to shred after 4 hrs. on high.  If they had cooked any longer, I would've needed some extra liquid, either water or broth, to keep the chicken from getting too dry.  If your chicken isn't enhanced with broth, add some liquid.  
Wanna Bite?
The Results...
How were these "new" tacos?  Muy Bueno!!!  Everyone liked the Mexican Ranch mixture on top.  It would be a very good dressing for a taco salad, too.  The chicken turned out very tender and seasoned just right.  The tomatoes, lettuce and green onions were crispy and fresh.  Everything piled on top of a warm, corn tortilla made one delicious dinner and lots of happy tummies.  We will definitely make these tacos again!

I share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. These look really good. And I love anything with Ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look good too! Loving your blog already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing at FFF this week. I do something similar. Great flavor!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh-My-Heavens! These look amazing. I can't wait to try. Pinning too! Dropping by from Weekend Potluck, so glad I did. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you dropped by, too! I hope you enjoy these tacos, too. Thanks for the pin and have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Ha! Love your blog name. I pinned these tacos to make sure I wouldn't forget to give them a try. They sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn,
      Thank you :) I hope you like these tacos, too!

      Delete
  6. Oh, my! These look and sound so good. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Mommy's Sweet Confessions. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn,
      Thank you for coming over to visit. I'd love to share this recipe at your party. Thank you for the invite!

      Delete
  7. I'd love to have a bite...they look divine! I'm always looking for new recipes and this will be on the menu soon! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just pinned this recipe I can not wait to try. My children love tacos and to be honest I get tired of making them ALL of the time. This will be a great substitute to make mom happy. And we all know when Mamma is happy everyone is happy LOL
    Love
    Patricia @ thettdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia,
      I know what you mean! This was a nice change from our regular tacos. I hope your family enjoys them too. Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  9. Tacos are one of our favorites!! Can't wait to try this!
    Thanks so much for sharing this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look soooo good! I don't use my crockpot nearly enough and this is a perfect recipe to remedy that. Thanks for sharing it! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. My crockpot is one of my favorite kitchen appliances. Enjoy!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment