October 14, 2012
Homemade Caramel Dip
Ingredients (printable recipe)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (dark is the best!)
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a 2 qt. saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
2. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and milk. Stirring to combine. Increase heat to medium or just below medium.
3. Stir constantly until mixtures starts to boil. (Use a spoon that doesn't melt!)
4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
5. Serve warm or cool with apples or drizzle over ice cream.
Makes about 3 1/2 cups
Additional notes: For a thinner caramel, cook and stir mixture just until sugar completely dissolves.
Store extra caramel dip in the refrigerator. Microwave for a few seconds to soften before dipping.
Source Tammy's Recipes
Fabulous!!! This caramel dip is rich, soft and sweet. I liked dipping green tart apples into this caramel for a sweet and sour combo. Homemade Caramel Dip would also be delicious drizzled over ice cream or a slice of apple pie. Everyone agreed that homemade is better!
This recipe is featured at Southern Sundays @ A Slice of Southern
I also share recipes at these linky parties.