Homemade Caramel Dip

Apples dipped in caramel are a wonderful fall treat!  When I saw how simple this recipe looked, I wanted to make my own caramel dip, instead of buying the pricey little containers sold near the apples at the store.  

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (dark is the best!)
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
1. In a 2 qt. saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
2. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and milk. Stirring to combine. Increase heat to medium or just below medium.
3. Stir constantly until mixtures starts to boil. (Use a spoon that doesn't melt!)
4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
5. Serve warm or cool with apples or drizzle over ice cream.
Makes about 3 1/2 cups

Additional notes: For a thinner caramel, cook and stir mixture just until sugar completely dissolves.
Store extra caramel dip in the refrigerator. Microwave for a few seconds to soften before dipping. 

Source Tammy's Recipes



The Results...
Fabulous!!!  This caramel dip is rich, soft and sweet.  I liked dipping green tart apples into this caramel for a sweet and sour combo.  Homemade Caramel Dip would also be delicious drizzled over ice cream or a slice of apple pie.  Everyone agreed that homemade is better!

This recipe is featured at Southern Sundays @ A Slice of Southern

I also share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. Sure love the idea of using dark brown sugar. Looks soooo caramely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always afraid to make caramel, but tried it the other day and loved it! This recipe looks so good, I think I could eat it on everything!

    Thank you for linking up to Foodie Friends Friday! I hope you bring another amazing recipe next week!

    I am now following you! Cynthia at http://feedingbig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia,

      Thank you so much for following! There's nothing like Homemade Caramel and you're right, it really isn't that difficult. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. Gosh that looks good, and simple too! We'll be making it at my house this weekend. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aunt B. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I love your recipe! Thanks for sharing it at Cast Party Wednesday!
    ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for a good caramel dip recipe. Definitely trying this soon. Pinned!:) I'd love for you to share this at my link party.
    http://adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com/2012/10/terrific-tuesdays-38.html
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel,
      Thanks for the pin! I'm heading over to your link party right now....

      Delete
  6. Oh how delicious!
    I would love to have you share this or any other of your recipes at Wednesday Extravaganza - my Foodie Link Party! Here is the link:
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/10/wednesday-extravaganza.html

    Can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite. I'm heading right over...

      Delete
  7. OMG!!! This loos so yummy. Thanks for sharing your recipe, will make for sure now. erica-sweetonyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erica. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  8. Yum! Home made caramel is so much better! Looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Iron Chef Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Another decadent dish! Thanks for sharing with everyone on Southern Sundays. Come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Your wonderful dish is being featured today on Southern Sundays. Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love caramel dip and this sounds wonderful. I need to make some homemade caramel. dip for my apples. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and to let you know that I picked this as my host favorite. It will be shared over at the Daily dish Magazine on Monday and on my blog on next week's party..

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply awesome, even with a few chopped pecans. It is a great drizzle on apple pie, ice cream, some Some More Bars, very handy to warm up for a apple snack, just love it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment