Sugar Cone Cornucopias

Thanksgiving is less than a week away!  Here's a really cute idea for the holiday table that kids and grown-ups will both like, Sugar Cone Cornucopias.

Printable Instructions
Supplies 
Sugar cones
Clean pencil
Cup of water
Whatever you want to use as a filling.  I used leftover Halloween candy (candy corn, M&M's and mini Milky Way)
plastic wrap squares
rubber band (optional)*
ribbon
Directions
1. Dip tip of sugar cone in water for 20 seconds.
2. Place in microwave for 20 seconds on high.
3. Roll the softened end of the cone around a clean pencil. Then, hold in place for 20 seconds.
4. Let cool and hardened completely. Fill with goodies. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and tie with a ribbon.

*You could put a rubber band around the plastic wrap to secure it better, if you want. I didn't use a rubber band and the plastic wrap stayed in place. I just tied a ribbon around it.

Sources: The Craft Patch




The Results...
Cute, fun and simple to make!  When I found sugar cones on sale at Aldi's for .99 cents a box, I decided I had to give these a try.  I went through 4 boxes of sugar cones.  That would've of made 48 cornucopias, but there were a few cones that just would not bend or cracked.  I ended up with 42 cones that did work.  I made a lot of these for a church dinner that I helped with this week.  I plan to make more for our Thanksgiving dinner at home, too. 

I used leftover Halloween candy for the filling, but you can fill these little cornucopias with whatever you like.  I saw an idea to fill them with a cannoli filling, too.  Be creative!  At the church dinner I was asked many times how to make them.  It's really quite simple....20 sec. in water/ 20 sec. in the microwave/ 20 sec. roll and hold.  Sugar Cone Cornucopias will add some extra fun to your Thanksgiving table.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! 

I share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. This is a cute idea. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come back and vote on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a new follower! I saw your link on Fabulous Friday. My kids would love this and would keep them busy over the Thanksgiving break! I'm going to the store tomorrow to get the supplies!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa,

      I'm so glad you came over and thank you for following. I hope your kids have fun making these! Have a Happy Thanksgiving. :)

      Delete
  3. can these be made the day before a party? And if so...how do you keep the cone from getting stale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ny,
      These can be made a day before your party. To keep them fresh, I would just lay them out on a large baking sheet and cover them with plastic wrap. You shouldn't have a problem with them going stale in just one day. These are so fun! I plan on making them again this year. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment