Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken


My slow cooker has saved the day or at least saved dinner many times over the years.  When I knew I had an extra busy day coming up, I pulled out my trusty slow cooker again.  This time I decided to try Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken.  It was super easy to put together and my family loves almost anything with bacon in it, so I hoped they would love this chicken, too.

Recipe Link
Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 slices bacon
1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/8 cup lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
5 small apples, peeled and chopped (I used gala)
Directions
1. In a medium bowl, combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and peeled/chopped apples.
2. Wrap each piece of chicken with two slices of bacon and place in a greased slow cooker.
3. Pour BBQ/apple mixture over chicken and cook on low for about 6-8 hours or until chicken is done.

Source: Chef in Training


mmmmmmmmm Bacon!!!
Here comes the apples and BBQ sauce
That's it! Now, just let it cook.
The Results... 
The chicken turned out moist and flavorful.  No one loved it, but everyone did like it.  My teenage son liked it the most, giving it 4 stars (out of 5).  My girls and I gave it 3 1/2 stars.  My husband wasn't sure what to think about the apples mixed with the BBQ sauce. He thought it was OK and gave it 3 stars.

Once again my slow cooker saved dinner and I felt like supermom because after the busy day I had, I still managed to have a homecooked meal for my family.

I share recipes at these link parties.

Comments

  1. Okay this just looks incredible. I'm seriously going to make this soon. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party!

    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Britni,
      Thank you! I hope you enjoy it, too. :)

      Delete
  2. How long would i cook this for on high?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment