BBQ Shrimp Orleans

I was introduced to BBQ Shrimp Orleans by my husband. This is his grandpa's recipe. I never met his grandpa. He passed away before my husband and I met. I feel like I know him at least a little through his photos and the stories I've heard my husband and his family share. He was a good man. I can tell by the legacy he left behind. I'm thankful to be a part of such a wonderful family.

My husband's grandpa lived in New Orleans. When my husband was a child his grandpa would sometimes bring a cooler full of gulf shrimp with him when he came to visit. He'd cook up the shrimp for everyone sometimes along with fried catfish, too.

This recipe is now one of our family's favorite ways to eat shrimp. Our son just turned 16 and requested this recipe for his birthday dinner. He loves Southern food and like any great southern recipe, this one has lots of butter and flavor! Don't be afraid of all the butter. It's definitely worth it, but I wouldn't recommend eating this everyday. This dish is something special that we have for holidays or of course birthdays.

Recipe Link
Ingredients
3 pounds LARGE shrimp, unpeeled (wild caught gulf shrimp is our favorite)
SAUCE:
1 1/2 pounds butter
1 1/2 Tablespoons black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/8 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons oregano
pinch of cinnamon
3 teaspoons salt
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
Directions
1. Wash shrimp well and place in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. Mix all sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Heat until butter melts and then simmer about 10 minutes.
3. Pour sauce over shrimp. Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Baking time depends on size of shrimp.
Serve with French Bread for dipping in the sauce.

Source: my husband's grandpa




The Results...
BBQ Shrimp Orleans is simple to make and delicious! Make sure you also have some crusty bread to dip into the butter sauce. It is so good! If you love shrimp, we highly recommend this recipe.

Comments