Impossible Pie

Impossible Pie is a no crust, simple to make sweet pie that can be made more like custard or cake depending on how long you choose to bake it.

My friend Jen came over for dinner recently and brought Impossible Pie to share with us for dessert. We loved it! Jen was so nice to share her recipe with me and is letting me share it with you, too! I even made a video to show you how easy it is to make this dessert. This could be a great option for Easter brunch, too. Served with fresh whipped cream, fresh fruit and/or a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, this pie would definitely be a hit at any get together.

Recipe Link
Ingredients
1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Directions
1. Put all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and combined.
2. Pour batter into a greased pie pan.
3. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
4. Let cool before cutting. Garnish with whipped cream, fresh fruit and/or cinnamon sugar, if desired.
5. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

Notes: Less baking time will give you a more custard-like pie, while more baking time will give you a more cake-like pie.

Recipe adapted from my friend, Jen

Here's my second attempt at making a recipe video. It took me 2 days to figure things out and I really, really felt like screaming and pulling my hair out a few times!!! So, I hope it's helpful and you enjoy it. :)



You can see the difference between cooking times in this photo. The slice on the left was baked for 30 minutes and was more custard-like. The slice on the right was baked for 40 minutes and is more cake-like. I put the more custard-like pie in the refrigerator to help it set up a more. I didn't have to do that with the cake-like pie.
The Results...
I thought this pie was so simple to make! We all decided that we preferred the pie that cooked for 40 minutes and was more cake-like. This is a great recipe for someone just starting out with baking. I think kids could have fun making this, too---with some supervision of course.

If I could name this pie, I would call it "Snickerdoodle Pie." I thought it tasted like a snickerdoodle in pie form. No one else agreed with me. I'm not sure why? So, let's stick with Impossible Pie. I don't know why this is called Impossible Pie. My guess is because it's impossible not to like it!


Comments