Orange-Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

First, I want to let  you know that I now have a Facebook page.  Click here and like my new page, pretty please! :)

Our family LOVES cookies.  Cookies never last long around here.  Cookies were the first thing my oldest learned how to bake, because he asked me to show him how.  I don't think I've ever made a cookie that no one liked. 

When I came across these orange-cranberry cookies, I stopped.  Orange/cranberry is one of my favorite flavor combinations.  I had never thought to put these flavors in a cookie.  I knew this was a must-try recipe and when my family found out I was making cookies....there was much joy in the house! :)

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon grated orange zest*
2-3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice*
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips (I like Nestle Premier)
1 cup Craisins
Directions
Beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the chips and Craisins. Mix well. Then, stir in chips and Craisins. Drop by Tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen.

*I used the zest and juice from one medium orange.

Adapted from Served Up With Love



The Results...
A-Mazing!  The orange zest and fresh juice gave the cookie dough just the right amount of fresh orange flavor.  The tart Craisins and sweet white chocolate chips rounded out the rest of the flavors.  The only thing I will change for next time is slightly reduce the amount of white chocolate chips and increase the amount of Craisins.  I've already made those changes to the recipe.  

These will be perfect holiday cookies.  Orange and cranberry are flavors that I think of for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Maybe Santa will be lucky this year and find these Orange-Cranberry White Chocolate Chip cookies waiting for him at our house with a big glass of milk!

Other cookies we love:
Maple Brown Sugar Granola Cookies
Iced Spiced Surprise Cookies
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Heath Bits Peanut Butter Cookies
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

This recipe is featured at:
PIN MEme

I also share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. I knew just from reading the name of the cookies this recipe would be amazing!! YUM!!
    Thanks so much for sharing this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon this and I am very honored! I too love the combination of cranberry and orange. These cookies will be on my holiday baking list and they make a ton of cookies too! So glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe! Our family loved these cookies. We look forward to making them again during the holiday season. Great holiday flavors in a yummy cookie!

      Delete
  3. I was smiling when I saw that your biscuits were burning! These cookies....oh my goodness...add to my "have to bake" list! Joined your blog, so glad I found you on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Spring chick,
      Thank you so much for coming over and joining! I'm glad you added these to your "have to bake" list. You won't be disappointed! Have a great weekend. :)

      Delete
  4. I so enjoy this taste combo too. Your cookies look heavenly. I am a cookie monster and never met a cookie I didn't like either. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies look amazing, actually everything I've seen on your blog looks amazing! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back on Sunday to VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinning it in my collection of cookies to make in the near near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin! I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we do!

      Delete
  7. You just started your facebook page and already have 102 likes??? Congratulations! I'm so struggling with this facebook thing.

    Anyway, the cookies look great. Love the white chocolate/orange/craisin combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I want these NOW!!! I'd love to have you join my PIN MEme Linky Party because this is very Pin Worthy! I'm going to pin it now!

    Diana
    Diana Rambles
    Bento Blog Network
    Link Rink

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing, I'll definitely have to make them at Christmas - perfect flavour combination for the season. Then again, I'm not sure I can wait that long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace. Whenever you make them, I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! :)

      Delete
  10. Congratulations! This post is featured over at Diana Rambles today and has been pinned in the Featured at Diana Rambles board at Pinterest. Please grab a featured button off my sidebar. Thanks for sharing this awesome idea!

    Diana
    Diana Rambles
    Bento Blog Network
    Link Rink

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound wonderful. I love the flavor combination! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment