2 Ingredient Cookies~Just Bananas and Oatmeal

Really?  Just 2 ingredients?  That's what I thought when I came across this recipe.  It reminded me of our Banana Ice Cream recipe that only has 1 ingredient---bananas.  Banana ice cream was a fun surprise.  So, I wanted to give these 2 ingredient cookies a try and see if they would be a fun surprise, too.

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
2 large ripe bananas
1 cup quick oats

Additional mix-ins if you want:
raisins or other dried fruit
chocolate chips
butterscotch chips
finely chopped or crushed nuts
cinnamon

*Since all bananas are different sizes, the needed measurements can vary. If it seems too runny and the cookies would flatten out too much, add in more oatmeal. And make sure to not add in TOO many mix-ins as the cookies won’t hold together very well. The ones in these photos have a handful of butterscotch chips and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mash bananas and stir in the oatmeal. Stir in additional mix-ins if desired.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a Greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. I like to use parchment paper, so there isn't any added grease.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
Makes about 14-16 cookies

Source The Burlap Bag


Just bananas and quick oats
In this batch I added 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a handful of butterscotch chips
Before the oven
A tasty and healthy breakfast or snack
So Good and Good for you!
The Results...
Surprise! These were really good!  The first batch I made with just bananas and oatmeal.  The kids liked them and gave them 3 stars (out of 5).  In the next batch, I added some cinnamon and butterscotch chips.  The kids really loved those cookies and gave them 4-5 stars!  In my opinion, these cookies taste best warm from the oven.

2 Ingredient Cookies are quick, healthy and tasty!  Great for breakfast or a snack.  I will definitely make these again! 

I share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      I know what you mean. I was curious and figured it was worth a try. I knew I couldn't expect these to be buttery and super sweet like regular cookies, but I was still pleasantly surprised with the results. Especially because my kids liked these. And some of them won't even eat oatmeal, but they still liked these cookies.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for a cookie! And pretty healthy, right? Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back next week and join us again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! This is the healthiest cookie I've ever eaten. :) Thank you for hosting FFF. I plan to join the party next week, too! Have a great week. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done. Healthy and delicious. Such a treat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment