Fresh Peaches and Cream Cookies

I hope you are enjoying summer!  Summer is always too short for me.  Around this time I find myself hoping summer wasn't coming to an end so soon.  The kiddos and I have been thinking of what fun things we can still fit in during these last few weeks until school starts.  Here are a few things on our "to-do list": another zoo trip, another day at the pool, more fishing and a family camping trip.

Fresh fruits and veggies are a wonderful part of summer.  Right now we have fresh peaches everywhere!  Last summer I found our favorite recipe for peach cobbler, Easy Peach Cobbler.  This year I found this recipe for Fresh Peaches and Cream Cookies.

I thought this recipe would be perfect for the Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge this month.  Head over to The Lady Behind the Curtain to learn more about this challenge.  Basically, we are assigned two ingredients and the challenge is to make a delicious dessert with them.  This month the assignment is Peaches and Cream, yum!

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh, diced peaches (skin removed)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp cream (or enough to make a drizzle consistency)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir together and set aside.
2. Using a sharp knife, remove the skin from peaches and cut into small chunks. Place the diced peaches on a paper towel and set aside.
3. In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until well incorporated. Gently fold in peaches and white chocolate chips.
4. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop dough in rounded spoonfuls onto the cookie sheets. Leave plenty of room between cookies to allow for some spreading. Bake about 10-12 minutes until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Mix together the powdered sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle lightly over cookies while still warm. Allow to cool. Enjoy!

Notes: Stir in the peaches and white chocolate chips well. It says 'gently fold', but it is difficult to be gentle with a stiff cookie dough. Do the best you can.

Adapted from Sprinkled with Flour


Fresh, diced peaches!
Here is the cookie dough.
I didn't see how I could 'gently fold' the peaches and chips into this stiff cookie dough. I wasn't very gentle, but I did try to be careful not to break up the peaches too much.
The recipe didn't say whether to grease or line the cookie sheets. So, I put some cookies straight on the sheet to see if they would stick. They did kinda stick, so I recommend dropping the cookie dough onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
These sweet little cookies are pretty irresistible!
You can see the cake-like texture and the yummy bits of fresh peaches and white chocolate, yum!
The Results...
Fresh Peaches and Cream Cookies were cake-like in texture and had a hint of cinnamon which tasted wonderful with the fresh, diced peaches and white chocolate chips.  

I had cookies and milk waiting for my husband when he came home from work---what a lucky guy! :)  He liked these cookies and thought this was an interesting way to use peaches.  Peaches and Cream Cookies are slightly different from the usual cookies we make. We prefer a more dense, chewy cookie, but we still liked these cake-like peach cookies.  Cookies never last long around here and these cute, little, peach cookies soon disappeared!   
 

I share recipes at these linky parties.
I'm looking forward to checking out all the Peaches and Cream Desserts from this challenge! You can find them at the end of this post.
Lady Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge

Comments

  1. Wow, your cookies look fantastic! I don't think I've ever put fresh fruit into cookie dough, but I will now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz,
      This is the first time I've used fresh fruit, too. I will do it more often now!

      Delete
  2. You've just totally educated me on how to add fresh fruit to cookies! Mine have always been meh but the paper towel will soak up some of the moisture. What a lightbulb moment, doh! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon,
      The paper towel does help absorb the extra moisture. This was the first time I've added fresh fruit to cookie dough. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love your cookie recipe using peaches and cream. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YUM!! Never thought of fresh peaches in cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious recipe. I love peaches and cream cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! I have never even thought to put fresh fruit in cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this recipe! I have never make cookies with fresh fruit, but these look so good, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teri! I'd love to know what you think after you make these cookies. Have great weekend. :)

      Delete
  8. The dough looks fantastic and I think I could just eat that! Great recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia! The dough is yummy, too. :)

      Delete
  9. Love the combination of peaches and white chocolate! I enjoy peaches just on their own but it's wonderful to get so many new ideas for baking with them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great! I'm from South Carolina and we have lots of peaches! (One county in SC produces more peaches than the whole state of Georgia, no matter what their motto is...) Sadly, I haven't been there this summer. I really want to try these cookies! I hope there are still some peaches when I get home next week.

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natashalh. I hope you still found fresh peaches when you arrived home. I hope you enjoy these cookies, too!

      Delete
  11. Those look like they have great texture to them! Great combo too! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #25!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look amazing, wish I had one or 2 right now :) Found on Totally Tasty Tuesdays!

    We'd love to have you link this post at our SUPER SUNDAY Link Party, our readers will enjoy this too!

    Lori
    Who Needs A Cape?
    Not Your Average Super Moms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori,
      I just went over to your party and shared these cookies. Thanks for the invite!

      Delete

Post a Comment