Rotisserie Leg of Lamb with Greek Salad

We tried Greek recipes for Easter dinner this year. Our first recipe was Rotisserie Leg of Lamb. I usually don't like lamb, but my husband does. He especially loves lamb gyros which we figured we could make with leftover lamb. Personally, I've only had lamb a couple of times that I really liked it. So, I had my doubts. My husband followed a recipe from Kalofagas.ca Greek Food and Beyond. This site has great step by step instructions. He followed the recipe closely with only minor changes. He used a semi-boneless Australian leg of lamb and he used just oregano, not Greek oregano. Honestly, I'm not sure what the difference is between oregano and Greek oregano and I couldn't find any Greek oregano at my local grocery store. He also didn't squeeze extra lemon juice on the meat before we ate it.

I'm happy to report that this leg of lamb turned out delicious! It was very tender and juicy. The garlic clove slivers inserted inside added a nice flavor. The basting sauce also nicely flavored the outside. This recipe is a keeper. The kids liked it, too. We would absolutely make this again. In fact, we may have just started a new Easter tradition!

I thought the Greek Salad was a nice light addition to the lamb. I made two small changes to this recipe that I found on Greeksaladrecipe.net. I used black olives instead of kalamata olives because I already had a case of them in food storage. Also, I only used romaine lettuce. I didn't use any baby greens, but it was still tasty. I tossed everything together including the dressing just before we ate dinner.

Ingredients
1 large Cucumber, chopped
2 Roma (plum) Tomatoes, chopped
1 (5 ounces) jar pitted Kalamata Olives
1 (4 ounces) package Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/2 (10 ounces) package Romaine Lettuce Leaves
1/2 (10 ounces) package Baby Greens

Vinaigrette Dressing
6 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 teaspoon Dried Basil
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1 1/2 cups Red Wine Vinegar

Preparation
Add chopped cucumber, chopped tomato, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, sliced red onion, romain lettuce, and baby greens to large serving bowl.

In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil, Dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, and red wine vinegar.

We also had Onion-Roasted Potatoes with dinner. This isn't a new recipe for us, but it went well with the lamb and everyone likes these potatoes. They are very easy to make.

Ingredients
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into large chunks (about 2 lbs.)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used a mild olive oil)

Directions



























    




Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine all ingredients in 13 x 9 baking or roasting pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.

Comments