Zesty Slow Cooker Barbeque Chicken

Sometimes, I wish dinner would cook itself.  When I saw this recipe I thought this might come pretty close.  I figure I can put this together in the morning and not worry about dinner the rest of the day.  It will be ready when we are.  I'm hoping this recipe will still be big on flavor even thought it's takes little effort. 

Ingredients 
5 to 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts (depends on size)
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions
Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

Source Zanne Peters from Allrecipes.com

The ingredients
I put the chicken in frozen and poured the sauce on top.  Easy, easy and easy!

The Results...
The chicken cooked on low for 7 1/2 hours and it turned out very tender.  I shredded it using two forks.

This definitely didn't take much effort, but did everyone like it?  Yes, we all did!  I think "zesty" is a good way to describe this barbecue chicken.  It had just enough flavor without being overwhelming for the younger kids.  Even my toddler ate all her chicken for dinner.  I'm always happy when I find a recipe that is easy and the whole family likes.  Yay, for finding another family favorite!

Comments