Chicken In Sour Cream

Even though I try to plan ahead for our dinners during the week, there's still some afternoons that I'm completely stumped on what we are going to eat that evening.  It was one of those afternoons and all I knew was that I had some chicken in the refrigerator that desperately needed to be cooked.  I had no time or energy left to run to the store with my 3 yr. old before the older kids would be home from school.

Thank you internet!  I searched and found Chicken In Sour Cream on allrecipes.com.  I had all the ingredients on hand and finally had a plan for dinner that night.   

Ingredients (recipe from allrecipes.com by Lucille Cole)
8 chicken thighs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 pinch paprika
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
Directions
Brown chicken in oil over medium heat. Place in a 9 x 13 inch greased baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika to taste.
Combine mushroom soup, onion soup mix, sour cream, lemon juice, and dill weed. Pour over chicken.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for one hour, or until chicken is tender and sauce is brown.
Serves 4

Chicken was browned, seasoned and the sour cream mixture was poured on top.  Then, it was into the oven.  It took 1 hour and 20 minutes in my oven to cook the chicken.

The Results...
I already had all the ingredients for this recipe and it was simple to put together, but how would my family like it?  Luckily, everyone thought this chicken was yummy from my 3 yr. old to my thirty-something hubby.  Actually, this is a picture of the last piece of chicken left.  I hurried and took a picture before giving it to my 11 yr. old son to eat (his 2nd piece).  I also served stuffed mushrooms that I had made the day before and fresh peas with dinner.  Rice, potatoes, carrots, beans, a salad, almost any side dish would be delicious with this chicken.  If you're stumped on what to make for dinner, maybe this recipe can help you, too?  We've added it to our list of Family Favorites.

Comments