Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

"COOKIES!!!  We have COOKIES!!!"  This is what my 3 yr. old exclaimed as she ran through the house to tell her older brother and sister.  Of course they all came running back to the kitchen where I had just pulled out a fresh tray of baked cookies from the oven.  These cookies were new to them.  I have eaten these before, but have never made them.  I knew I liked these cookies, but I wanted to know if my family would like them, too...

Ingredients (from oceanspray.com)
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 6-ounce package (or 1 1/4 cups) Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
Directions 
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

The Results...
They didn't like them.......they LOVED them!  My two oldest each said 5 stars for this recipe.  My 3 yr. old immediately gobbled down 3 cookies and said (with her mouth still full), "next time make something with chocolate."  I think it's safe to say she still loved these, too.  Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies is the new favorite cookie at our house!

Comments