Pizza Puffs

I needed a quick and easy snack to make for everyone after church today.  I decided to try a recipe that I came across recently on Pinterest for Pepperoni Pizza Puffs.  I changed it slightly, using ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.  Pizza is one of our favorite foods.  Will Pizza Puffs become a favorite, too?    

Ingredients 
3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
3/4 cup whole milk

1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella/provolone mixed cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped pepperoni slices
1/2 cup chopped salami slices
1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella/provolone, Parmesan, pepperoni and salami; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

Tip- Freeze the baked puffs in a single layer on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer bag. To reheat, bake the frozen puffs on a baking sheet in a 350 degrees oven for 8 to 10 minutes.

Adapted from Lick the Bowl Good
 and Rachael Ray

The Results...
Pizza Puffs are a tasty and fun snack.  The kids really enjoyed these little puffs, especially my 12 yr. old son.  I made 2 batches because he pretty much ate one batch all by himself.  This recipe received 4 3/4 stars from the kids.  My husband and I also liked these puffs, but rated them at 3 stars.  We all agreed that these are worth making again!

Comments