Ingredients (printable recipe)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour (or another cup of all-purpose flour if you don't have white whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 bananas, mashed
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with baking spray and fill empty cups with water. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the bananas, pumpkin, oil, eggs and vanilla, until well-blended.
4. Add banana mixture to flour mixture, gently folding until combined.
5. Divide mixture evenly among prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes for mini muffins / 13 to 15 minutes for standard muffins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes 15-18 standard muffins or 30 mini muffins
Source Alida's Kitchen
Moist and full of flavor! These do have a perfect balance of banana and pumpkin in them.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins are full of good things for you and there's just a little oil because the pumpkin and banana already help create a moist, flavorful muffin.
This recipe has white whole wheat flour hidden inside for some extra nutrition. I sneak it into other things like pancakes, waffles, bread and pizza dough. When I replace half of the flour with white whole wheat flour, my family doesn't usually notice a big difference in taste.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins are a wonderful fall treat that you can feel good about eating!
I share recipes at these linky parties.