Peach Dump Cake

I've got a good bunch of kiddos.  I'm very thankful for them.  They helped bring in groceries last week after a shopping trip with Dad.  Everything made it safely inside, except one large can of peaches.  It dropped and rolled down our driveway.  Poor can of peaches was badly dented and needed to be used right away.

I thought it would be fun to turn those peaches into a treat for my helpers.  So, I went to one of my favorite recipe sites, Allrecipes, and found this recipe for Peach Dump Cake.  It looks super easy.  How much easier can it get than to just dump everything into one pan and bake? 

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
1 (29 oz.) can peaches in light syrup, undrained
1 (18.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup butter sliced into pats (1 1/2 sticks)
cooking spray
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.  Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Pour peaches with syrup in baking pan.  Spread dry cake mix evenly over peaches.  Arrange butter pats in even rows on cake mix.
3. Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, approx. 40-45 mins.

Adapted slightly from Allrecipes


The Results...
Sweet and peachy.  This turns out a lot like a peach cobbler.  We all thought it was tasty.  My 8 yr. old didn't care for the mushy peaches, though.  She ate the crust on top and left the peaches in her bowl.  We ate this plain, but a scoop of ice cream on the side would also be delicious.  I also liked that this recipe only creates ONE messy pan!  Super easy, super tasty and not super messy, win-win-win!   

Another recipe you might like is The Great Pumpkin Dessert

I share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. This cake looks really good! I love peaches and cake without icing so this is right up my alley. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, looks yummy! Can't believe how easy it is, too!

    Visiting from mix it up monday :)

    Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy,

      Thank you for coming over! Come back again.:)

      Delete
  3. Cooking it now.
    Can't wait to taste.
    Big fresh sweet peaches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment