Pretzel Smoochies

Just 4 days until Christmas!  Do you need a last minute treat idea?  These treats are all over Pinterest, food blogs and recipe sites.  Some friends of ours gave us these treats last year for Christmas and they were really yummy.  I wanted to try making Pretzel Smoochies this year. 

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
20 mini pretzels
20 Hershey Kisses
20 M&M's or 20 of your favorite nuts (pecans, almonds, etc...)
foil or parchment paper (for easy clean-up)
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place pretzels on baking sheet.
3. Place an unwrapped chocolate kiss on each pretzel.
4. Heat the pretzels and chocolate candies in the preheated oven until the milk chocolate pieces become soft but hold their shape, 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully and don't let the chocolate melt to the point of dripping.
5. Remove the pretzels from the oven and allow to stand for 1 minute to allow candy to finish softening.
6. Push a M&M or a nut into the center of each chocolate kiss, pushing it down and flattening it. Set treats aside to cool to room temperature and fully set, about 30 minutes. You can also place them in the refrigerator for a faster set-up time.

Adapted from Allrecipes 


The Results...
Crunchy, Salty, Sweet and Chocolately.  I have made a lot of these for Christmas packages this year.  When my mother received her Christmas package she told me she really liked these little treats and wanted to know how to make them. 

The kids loved these, too and it's a Christmas treat they can help me make.  I can see why these are so popular.  They are so easy and delicious!
  
I've seen different versions of this recipe.  Try Rolos and pecans for a Turtle Pretzel.  Use different kinds of M&M's.  I made some with peanut butter M&M's that were delicious, too.  I tried making these with Hugs (kisses wrapped in white chocolate), but the white chocolate around the outside melts much quicker than a regular chocolate kiss.  Next time I try to make these with Hugs, I will watch them carefully.  They probably only need 30 sec. to 1 minute.  After 2 minutes in the oven, the hugs ended up dripping.  The Hugs did set-up in the fridge, though and they were still yummy.

This is the last post for 2012.  I am looking forward to enjoying the holidays with my family.  From our family to yours, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  Enjoy the holiday.  We'll be back in the new year with more new recipes and results.
 

Comments