Chewy Butterscotch Brownies

Sundays are my favorite days for making something sweet.  Everyone is usually home, which means I will have help eating all those sweets. :)  It's Sunday and today I made Chewy Butterscotch Brownies. 

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 2/3 cups (11 oz. pkg.) Butterscotch morsels, divided
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup butterscotch morsels and nuts. Spread into ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining butterscotch morsels. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
  
Source Very Best Baking


YUM!
Extreme Close-up
The Results...
It amazes me how quickly sweets get gobbled up around here.  Everyone really liked Chewy Butterscotch Brownies.  I thought these would be yummy with ice cream.  I was planning on making Butterscotch Brownie Sundaes with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce and toasted nuts on top.  But, these quickly disappeared before I had a chance!


I share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. OH my, these bars looks amazing! I've always liked to add butterscotch chips to desserts, so I would love these!!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my favorite flavors. Can't wait to make these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment