Roasted Asparagus

My 5 yr. old is usually picky when it comes to eating veggies, but she loves asparagus.  While we were out grocery shopping last week, she got really excited when she saw asparagus in the produce section.  She pointed and shouted, "Look mom!  Asparagus!"  Of course I had to buy some.  I usually steam asparagus on the stove top, but this time I decided to try this recipe for roasted asparagus from Ina Garten.

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
about 2 pounds fresh asparagus
olive oil
kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they're thick, peel them. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat the asparagus completely. Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast the asparagus for 20-25 minutes, until tender but still crisp.

Source Foodnetwork~Ina Garten


Look mom! Asparagus!
The ends should just snap off as you bend them.
Ready for the oven!
The Results...
If you like asparagus, then you will like Roasted Asparagus.  We don't have many asparagus fans in my family besides me and my 5 yr. old.  The only thing I would do differently next time is buy larger asparagus spears.  Ours were very skinny.  I learned from Ina's video on Foodnetwork that larger spears actually have more flavor, but you will need to peel the stems before roasting.   


I share recipes at these linky parties. 

Comments