S'mores Brownies

I've mentioned before that I like to keep some store bought brownie mixes around to make a quick dessert.  I like finding ways to make them a little more special, not just plain brownies.  These Peanut Butter Frosted Brownies are already one of our favorite ways to kick-up a brownie mix.  I recently found another way to kick-up a brownie mix, S'mores Brownies! 

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
About 16 whole graham cracker sheets (enough to cover a 15x11x1 baking sheet)
2 brownie mixes---plus eggs, oil and water per instructions (each mix makes a 9x13 pan)
3 cups miniature marshmallows (*I used a bag of large marshmallows)
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions
1. Place graham crackers on greased (I used cooking spray) 15x11x1 baking sheet.
2. Prepare brownie mixes as instructed on box. Spread over crackers.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
5. Bake 5 minutes longer. Let cool.

Adapted from Food.com

Notes: Dip your knife in hot water and wipe with a cloth or paper towel while cutting these brownies. The marshmallows stick to the knife, so I had to wipe it a few times while cutting.

*I would stick to the miniature marshmallows instead of the large ones. The mini marshmallows mix with the chocolate chips better and spread out more evenly on top of the brownies.


Super easy bottom layer
Spread the brownie batter right on top.
The extra goodies go on top for the last 5 minutes.
Ooey, Gooey, Goodness!
The Results...
S'mores Brownies would be perfect for a summer potluck or anytime you invite some friends over.  This recipe makes a BIG pan, so it's a good idea to share. :)

Our family really liked these brownies, but I wish I had used miniature marshmallows instead of large marshmallows.  I think the miniature marshmallows would have mixed more evenly over the top of the brownies with the chocolate chips.  This recipe is still a new favorite way to kick-up a brownie mix.  If you're not a fan of brownie mixes, you could make a double batch of homemade brownie batter and use that instead.

The graham crackers do soften as the brownie batter bakes on top of them.  We liked them soft, except for my oldest daughter.  She still gave these brownies 5 stars, so I don't think it was that big of a deal to her.  She still had s'more!


I share recipes at these linky parties.

Comments

  1. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! These rock! My kids would love these brownies.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Velva,
      I hope your kids love these as much as mine did!

      Delete
  2. These are fabulous! I must make these pronto :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day! I just had brekkie, true!
    But think I could go for S-more too; viewing as part of Food Friends Friday Party too!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://www.facebook.com/whatsonthelist

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look soooooooooooo scrumptious !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my these look delicious. I love s'mores and any way to make them is great. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure I've just gained 5 pounds reading this post. These look fantastic! I'm definitely making these for our next get together. I'm afraid to make them when it's just my family! :) Thanks so much for linking to the Weekend Potluck. I can always count of you for something delicious!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take two! Sounds amazing! Thanks for linking up to Sweet & Savory Saturdays #23.

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm- yeah- I would eat the whole tray by myself. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment