*Simply the Best* Chocolate Chip Cookies

There's just nothing like a perfect chocolate chip cookie. I've tried quite a few recipes over the years, but I always come back to this one. It's simply the best. This recipe is simple to make and uses simple ingredients. It is important to use good quality ingredients like real butter, real vanilla extract and good quality chocolate chips.

When my son was around 11 yrs. old he asked me to show him how to make chocolate chip cookies since they are one of his favorite treats. He caught on pretty quickly and I found out how great it is to have someone else in the house that could bake cookies. He baked cookies for his friends in the neighborhood and for potlucks and other get togethers. That was almost 5 years ago and he still makes delicious cookies.

My oldest daughter just turned 11 yrs. old last month and she is starting to cook and bake, too. After church today on the drive home all the kids agreed that they needed chocolate chip cookies today. My son and oldest daughter argued discussed who would get to make the cookies. My daughter said she has never made these cookies all by herself and she wanted to do that today. I agreed that it would be good for her to give it a try without any help. I stood by for support and with my camera in hand. Since this is our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe I wanted to share it here with you, too!

*This is written similar to how I have the recipe on my notecard at home. I have the ingredients highlighted for each step to help the kids remember the order of what goes in first and when to stop and mix or stir.

Recipe Link
Ingredients
___Step one___
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
___Step two___
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
___Step three___
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
___Step four___
2 cups or 1 bag (about 11 oz.) chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large mixer bowl, cream together softened butter and sugars.
2. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix slowly until incorporated.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (roll dough into balls if you want a more perfectly round cookie). Bake approximately 10 minutes until edges are golden brown and center is puffy. Let cool 1 minute on baking sheet, then remove cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container.

Adapted from Ghirardelli


First, cream the butter and sugars together.
Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract
Stir in the dry ingredients
Stir in your favorite chocolate chips
Scoop and roll into balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet
They come out perfect every time!
The Results...
I think my daughter did an awesome job! Don't they look fabulous! They taste just as delicious as they look. The edges turn out crispy while the center is soft and chewy---perfect.

Simply the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies are simple to make using simple, good quality ingredients. I promise you won't be disappointed. These just might become your favorite chocolate chip cookies, too!


Comments