Double Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies


Cake mix cookies are so easy to make. Plus they're a great way to use those extra cake mixes that you probably have sitting in your pantry. I didn't actually make these cookies, my 11 year old daughter did. So, I'm going to let her tell you about these cookies...

I was asked to bring a treat for a church activity. I didn't know what I was going to make that was quick, easy, and most importantly yummy. Then my Mom suggested these cake mix cookies. She asked me what cake mix I wanted to use and I immediately said "Chocolate!" I am a big fan of chocolate. When I saw the recipe I saw that it said chocolate chips with the chocolate cake mix and I thought: Yes! More chocolate! I didn't put nuts in it. I really don't think it needs it. I took the cookie to the activity to share with all my friends. They loved them! They all came back asking for more! So if you are looking for something quick, easy, and super yummy, I recommend these great cookies!

Recipe Link
Ingredients
1 package chocolate cake mix (Dark Chocolate, Devil's Food, etc...)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened or melted
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, if desired
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place cake mix, eggs, butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl or mixer. Stir in mixer with paddle attachment or you can stir by hand with a large spoon until thoroughly blended.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Drop by level Tablespoon onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake about 12 minutes for chewy cookies or 14 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely
Makes about 2 dozen cookies

Notes: You can "play" with this recipe and use different flavored cake mixes, baking chips and nuts. You could also add a filling and make cookie sandwiches. Nutella, marshmallow fluff,  any flavor of frosting, peanut butter or ice cream or a few fillings you could try. Store ice cream sandwiches in the freezer, or course. :)

Adapted from Duncan Hines


You could turn these cookies into cookie sandwiches. We had some extra vanilla frosting on hand and made these yummy cookie sandwiches. You could also use Nutella, marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, or ice cream. If you turn these cookies into ice cream sandwiches, store extras in the freezer, of course. :)

The Results...
My daughter and her friends thought these were super yummy! Plus, you heard from my daughter that these cookies are easy to make. Didn't she do a great job writing about these cookies!!! Future food blogger, maybe?

Comments