No-Bake Fudgy Cookies

No-Bake Fudgy Cookies will hit the spot when you're craving something sweet and chocolately, but don't want to make a big mess or spend a ton of time in the kitchen. I've seen these cookies for sale at the store, but I've never bought them because they are so easy and quick to make at home. My 11 year old daughter made these cookies for us. This was the second time she'd made them and she can do it without any help now.  I also made these cookies when I was a kid. This is a nice, simple recipe to start with if you're just learning how to cook like my daughter.

I gave my daughter a folder to keep a copy of each recipe that she makes. Maybe it will grow into a binder and then, maybe we can make a cookbook together of all her favorite recipes in the future. We will see...

Recipe Link
Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup whole or 2% milk
4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick cooking oats
Directions
1. Add butter, sugar, milk, cocoa and salt to a 4 quart saucepan.
2. Bring to a rapid boil and let boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth, then stir in oats.
4. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper or parchment paper.
6. Let cool until set, about 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!


Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

The Results...
Quick, easy, chocolatey, fudgy, yummy!

Comments